Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Reflection

It’s that time of year to get all sentimental, replay the year's events, and feel traumatized. No – not because of New Years (although the lack of plans, or a date, even though I have the night off is mildly traumatic). It’s much worse than New Years Eve……..it’s almost my birthday.

On the drive home today I started to think about all the things that have happened this year and go through a little mental checklist to see that things are on track in all the important areas…so here’s my thought process:

Family: Excellent! I have a nephew now, who is the absolute light of my life. He is the cutest, fattest, loveliest, cuddliest little ball of joy I have ever met. My dad is improving every day. I got to see my mom ordained and hear about the excitement of her new job. I’ve been visiting my brothers a lot. Check. Check. Check. Things are going well.

Friends: Always lovely. Great vacation in May. Met my ‘work wife’ who I could not live without. Wish I got to see some of them more often, but overall a fulfilling part of my life.

Work: INCREDIBLE. I have the best job ever. Got to move to Kingston. Excited to go to work every day. Making lots of plans of where I will go with my career. I’m feeling confident and competent and happy all over.

Personal life/Relationships:……..*crickets chirping*……..ummm……..I think I had a date in July or something. Oh yeah, I remember now – I asked for an action movie with lots of killing, he rented a romantic comedy, we never went out again. Ok….wait now….THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING! When did I stop having a personal life? Shouldn’t there have been some sort of service to mourn its passing? Or at least a memo to advise me that its gone?! Amanda tried to tell me that life falls into place in pieces….well when was the last time I got a piece of personal life?!

And so.....I refuse to turn 26 until this situation is rectified. Calendars be damned - it will never be December 30th.


Lots of love
Pamela

Currently listening to: Christmas music on the radio
Currently pretending to read: Geriatrics
Actually reading: The Onion online horoscopes

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:42 AM

    haha I can relate! Although my birthday is not a factor, I feel like I am playing hide and seek with my personal life. It's like well here is potentially a great guy for you but just to make it unbelievably awkward you will have completely different schedules and live in different cities and actually want to get to know each other! 1-1000, 2-1000, 3-1000, 4-1000 (picture me in a corner with my eyes closed playing the worst game of hide and seek). But as this wonderful Amanda character proclaims (clearly I need to meet her) it will come together when it's suppose to, I guess, or at least that's what people are telling me too!

    ReplyDelete